Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Dear Summer

From March 16, 2011, but it seems necessary with the weather that has been harassing MA of late:

Dear Summer
Please return fast
I promise not to waste days
as I have in years past

even when drops of rain
should fall

they will be celebrated

your recall is correct
that I have long berated
puddles that gather
when there's a game
that I'd rather see completed

but I'm desperate
so I promise
there'll be no complaints
if only you'll save me
from this snowy hell

beautiful days
under bright blue skies
shall be met with
thunderous applause
as I spin myself in to
a heat-induced haze

I long for nights
when I can laze about
and watch stars
plummet from the sky
granting wishes
with their descent

and if random hail and lightning
should befall us
I shan't hold you responsible
and will accept it as one of those things

even if it's a day at the beach
or a barbeque interrupted
I shan't lay blame at your feet
but will instead chalk it up
as thing that sometimes occur
whilst looking forward to the next day
knowing that it should be resplendent

Dear Summer
I miss you so
please return to me
pronto